The contact details of the Data Protection Officer who is responsible for GDPR:
Jesús Fabre, Founder, Jesús Fabre Marketing & Communications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is Jesús Fabre Marketing and Communications?
Jesús Fabre Marketing and Communications provides Public Relations Services worldwide. Our database contains the contact details of journalists and influencer we work with to promote our clients’ interests and products. Jesús Fabre founded Jesús Fabre Marketing and Communications in 2012 and acts as a sole trader with the help of agents appointed on case by case on specific project.
Jesús Fabre is a ‘data controller’ in respect of the personal information that it collects and stores from both journalists and clients.
What personal information do we collect about you?
We only collect basic personal data about both journalists and our clients including name, email, phone number and in some instances office address and home addresses for delivery of goods.
We collect this personal information about journalists by a number of means including:
• Identifying bylines in papers, online sites and magazines
• By communicating with journalists as a part of our daily job in
maintaining relations in the interest of our client and our own company.
• By following journalists updating their status on various platforms
including LinkedIn, Twitter and other relevant sites/social media platform.
We collect the personal information about our clients once entered in business conversation or been contacted for business opportunity. We also collect personal information about you when you contact or interact with us through our website www.jesusfabre.com and or if you write to us.
What is the purpose of collecting the personal data as well as the legal basis for the processing?
We collect, store and handle the personal information of both journalists and relevant companies for our legitimate interest in fulfilling our Public Relations activities (press release dissemination, targeted news story and feature pitches pertaining our clients, sending game playable code digitally or physically etc).
Jesús Fabre Marketing and Communications represents the interests of professionals/companies working in the games industry.
No database is shared externally to third party or client of Jesús Fabre Marketing and Communications – Jesús Fabre. The database access is restricted only to people that work with Jesús Fabre Marketing and Communications – Jesús Fabre.
It also serves the interests of journalists who write about the companies that Jesús Fabre Marketing and Communications – Jesús Fabre represents. Journalists also will often need to communicate with Jesús Fabre Marketing and Communications when researching articles. Likewise, Jesús Fabre Marketing and Communications keep journalists informed of corporate news via telephone, emails and press releases. The relationship between Jesús Fabre Marketing and Communications and journalists is established and respected.
Jesús Fabre Marketing and Communications represents its professional clients with journalists to allow them to be informed and write articles pertaining to the business of our clients in the relevant publication the journalists work for/with.
We only collect personal data from journalists that we need in order to provide and oversee Public Relations to our clients. We believe in and carry out a policy of data minimisation. Jesús Fabre Marketing and Communications – Jesús Fabre holds no sensitive data on journalists (eg religious views, health history or criminal records).
We (or third party data processors acting on our behalf) collect, store and use your personal information listed above for the following purposes:
Inform you of relevant product from our clients you would be interestedto write about.
Invite to relevant product presentation, international event relevant toyour business / publication .
To provide our Clients with services that they request in the field of public relations.
Where either journalist/client have given us their consent, to contact them (including by SMS and e-mail, twitter, Facebook and general social platforms) with products which we think may interest them.
We may also handle personal information to keep our website secure and to ensure that our processes and procedures are as secure as possible.
We also collect, store and use the contact details of our clients to keep them informed on our result, present new business opportunities etc.
Who are our clients?
Jesús Fabre Marketing and Communications represents different companies in the game industry worldwide These include:
• Game Developers
• Game Publishers
• Event companies
• Agency PRs that appoint us for carry specific promotional activity in either LATAM, Brazil, EU, US or WW
What do we do with your data?
All the personal data that we handle is processed by our staff in the UK. All our staff are aware, of our data protection policies.
Journalists’ personal information can only be accessed via a GSuite database and only by Jesús Fabre Marketing and Communications staff and authorized contractors during the exercise of Jesús Fabre Marketing and Communications daily activities only.
Their personal details are restricted to only Jesús Fabre Marketing and Communications – Jesús Fabre and associates for the sole aim to carry on Jesús Fabre Marketing and Communications clients duties. All the data held is stored securely on Google Cloud Servers using GSuite admin tools.
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide to us but no transit on over the internet can ever be guaranteed so we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transfer over the internet to us.
What we do with journalists’ data?
Jesús Fabre Marketing and Communications – Jesús Fabre keep journalists informed of corporate/product and clients news via telephone, emails and press releases /digital games distribution and 1 to 1 conversation. The relationship between Jesús Fabre Marketing and Communications – Jesús Fabre and journalists are established and respected.
Jesús Fabre Marketing and Communications – Jesús will use journalist data in order to:
• Call or return a call from a journalist following an enquiry
• Introduce their spokespeople to the journalist
• To send products to the journalists
• To send press releases / products updates
• To correct inaccurate stories written by journalists.
• To pitch editorial opportunities to a publication/freelance journalist
Jesús Fabre Marketing and Communications also spends considerable time updating the database on the moves of journalists to and from publications / outlets to make sure the data it holds is accurate.
Jesús Fabre Marketing and Communications only wants to connect to journalists who have a genuine interest in a topic and a product we represent. We try to achieve this aim by focusing on the following:
• We are more discriminate how we sector journalists (mainstream, gaming, influencers)
• Jesús Fabre Marketing and Communications focus its communication on those with a provable interest.
If you think Jesús Fabre Marketing and Communications – Stefano Petrullo and his team are not using the data we hold on journalists appropriately, then we can remove your personal data from our press lists.
How we share your personal information and who we share it with
We do not share your personal information to our clients, however we disclose information under the following circumstances:
• Third-party service providers: When we share information with third-party service companies to facilitate or to provide certain services on our behalf. This will include:
• IT infrastructure companies that facilitate our daily job
• IT support service providers. These companies are authorised to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
• Merger or acquisition: When we need to transfer information about you if we are acquired by or merged with another company. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified afterwards via e-mail and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
How long do we keep your data?
Jesús Fabre Marketing and Communications constantly checks to see if the journalists on our database are still working at the outlets assigned to as well as still having a career in journalism. If a journalist leaves the world of journalism, we remove that journalist from our database and remove all personal data relating to that journalist from any PR lists that we keep on our database. We work on 6 month cycles to verify the data and make sure it is still relevant, if the journalist is still working in journalism, then we will retain the relevant personal information. For our clients we hold their data so long as they are in an agreed contract with us.
What are your rights in relation to the personal information that we hold?
You have the following rights:
• to ask us to provide you with copies of personal information that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law;
• to ask us to update or correct any out of date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you (in accordance with applicable data protection legislation);
• (where we are handling your personal information in order to perform a contract between us – therefore clients) to request that we send you (or another data controller) your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (in accordance with applicable data protection laws); and
• the right to opt-out of any marketing communications that we (or any third party to whom we have disclosed your personal information with your consent) may send you.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please write to us to email@example.com
If you object to our processing of your personal information for certain purposes or you want us to stop using or to delete your personal information, you can contact us and tell us why. In certain circumstances we may not be able to stop using your personal information but, if that is the case, we’ll let you know and tell you why.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data,you can contact us to have the matter investigated. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal information accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/ or seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.