Vigil: The Longest Night (Glass Heart Games, Nintendo Switch, Steam, 2020)
Taiwan-based studio, Glass Heart Games, is very thrilled to announce their debut game, Vigil: The Longest Night. Vigil: The Longest Night blends the intricate action of 2D side-scrolling with subtle cosmic, and outright body, horror. In a world without sunlight, Leila, a member of the Vigil, returns to her hometown in search of a lost sister and becomes lost in a world of unimaginable terror as she uncovers the secrets of the town and source of evil that plagues the countryside.
Vigil: The Longest Night highlights a detailed art style inspired by paintings from the medieval period and influenced by the art of Chinese Paper Cutting. Vigil: The Longest Night takes inspiration from classics like Castlevania and modern marvels like Salt & Sanctuary and Bloodborne. Glass Heart hopes that Leila’s tale will catch player’s attention with its precise and technical combat as well as a rich and strong narrative — a unique tale of eldritch horror that combines Lovecraftian prose and Taiwanese culture.
- Experiment with 4 types of weapons — sword, heavy weapons, twin daggers, and bow — along with many mystical variations to be discovered.
- Use dozens of unique items to help, heal, and harm.
- Level up a complex skill tree to help you create the ultimate warrior of light.
- Battle variety of brutal enemies and the bizarre bosses from the depths of your nightmares.
- Unravel the multiple endings and uncover the secrets that lurk in the darkness.
- Become infected with the sinister mood evoked by dank caves, abandoned villages, and haunted forests.
- Listen to the atmospheric music by the talented Jouni Valjakka of popular Finish band Whispered.
Work: Digital PR and influencers outreach.
- Platforms: Steam and Nintendo Switch.
- Client: Developed by Glass Heart Games (Taiwan). Published by Another Indie (China)
- Regions: Brazil and Portugal.